I see your point.  If the SID is invalid, either via a real attack or by
session invalidation, the result is the same... "I don't know who you are so
please re-authenticate yourself."  My project is in its early stages, so for
what I thought was an attack I was just throwing an exception to kick that
request back to where it came from.  I believe I'll just handle it like the
user isn't logged in and send it to the login view.  Thanks for your input.

As for the get parameter... in my RemoteService interfaces, where I have the
static getInstance to get the Async instance I essentially pass in the sid
and build the url with that sid.

<pre>
        public static synchronized AuthenticationServiceAsync
getInstance(String sid) {
            if (ourInstance == null) {
                ourInstance = (AuthenticationServiceAsync)
GWT.create(AuthenticationService.class);
            }
            ((ServiceDefTarget) ourInstance)
                    .setServiceEntryPoint(GWT.getModuleBaseURL() +
"com.vincent.gwtapps.myApp.MyGwtApp/AuthenticationService?sid=" + sid);
            return ourInstance;
        }
</pre>