Thanks for the feedback Shawn and Reinier. I'm not relying on Cookies
at all, the Session ID will be created by the server, it will be a
large pseudo random number. The session IDs will of course expire.

Interesting point about problems that could be created by restricting
access to a single IP, I will drop that approach.

I'd like to use SSL - but I don't think it's practical, I do have root
access to the server, but it's not my server.

I'll post again when it's done and let you all know how it all worked
out!