Hi there

To compile the application for Cross site you simply add <add-linker
name="xs" />
to your gwt.xml file.

In GWT 1.5 this now doesn't create xs-nocache.js it simply creates the
javascript as normal but it will be the xs version. (Took me a while
to realise this as well)

I had to do the same thing for a client and make a widget that could
be deployed on various machines - I wrote a quick tutorial with links
here

http://eggsylife.blogspot.com/2008/10/gwt-and-cross-site-jsonp-in-j2ee.html

Hope this helps

eggsy