Hi there

No thats fine you can compile your GWT into Java using the GWT Hosted
browser and providing you have the linker this will compile Cross Site
compatible Javascript and then you can include the compiled up
Javascript on any HTML page.

EG: You may compile your GWT application up on machine A then make a
web page on machine B and include the compiled up javascript file from
Machine A on the web page on machine B.

What doesn't work is when you try to communicate with a foreign server
within hosted mode so basically when you're testing before you compile
your Java to javascript you have to communicate with a server on the
local machine.

Regards,

Eggsy