How did I miss this thread?  Is there an issue open already for this,
as per the Nov 21st post? I'll star it.

I'm still using 1.5.2 for dev, as it's the fastest way to iterate on a
non-jsonp app.  Basically you guys spoiled me with this bug/feature in
prior releases and using 1.5.3 and its slowdown to iterations just
sucks. No offense :)

Anyway, no, it doesn't cause more problems when deploying.  You find
out right away when you're running in webmode if you're violating SOP
as the browser complains or ignores the request (depends on the
browser). Violating SOP in hosted mode was a fantastic feature.
Having a console warning in hosted mode that a request is violating
sop should be enough.