Hello sjn456,

You're completely right. That's precisely why the previous behaviour was
corrected. It's browser security policies that restrict making calls to
other domains or ports. If we allowed these in hosted mode, we would be
setting developers up for a break once they go to production. What's more, I
believe the new corrected behaviour is the result of an update to the latest
XHR spec on supported browsers, meaning that allowing calls to go through to
other ports would mean drawing back to older XHRs.

Cheers,
-Sumit Chandel