Hello. I have just begun learning java (about 2 months ago) and am now
trying to develop a couple applications for the web using java and the
GWT. I am having some difficulty and hoping someone can help me out.
My first problem I am having is I am getting this error message
"TextArea cannot be resolved to a type" when I am trying to create a
text area. I get the error message twice, and for the same line in my
code which is

TextArea ta = new TextArea();

Is there a line (or multiple lines) of code I have to implement before
I can implement the TextArea object?

Also, I need to allow the user to paste some information into this
text box and allow me to store that information in a variable, and
then do something with the information, and then output some
information to the user (even in the same text box is fine). Can some
one please help me get started on this?

Finally, I was wondering if the GWT supports reading the HTML file of
a URL, which would normally be done by something like this:

URL results = new URL("http://www.some-url.com";);

            BufferedReader in2 = new BufferedReader(
                    new InputStreamReader(
                    results.openStream()));
            String inputLine = in2.readLine();

Thank you very much.