I doubt digg's js thingie is written by an intelligent developer (digg
has a track record of sorts). There IS a way to write such widget
scripts so they work in all situations, including the peculiar way GWT
builds webpages, but not many web widgets work this way. So, assuming
for a moment that won't fly, here's the easiest alternative:

Use com.google.gwt.user.ui.HTML.