Reinier is correct there, it's more complicated than I was making it.
That Digg script works quite a bit differently than I was guessing
before I actually looked at it. What I meant is still possible, but
probably not what you want depending on the situation. If your host
page has a separate div for your GWT content, and a separate div for
the little Digg script, what I originally said should work - but it
would always just link ("digg") to your host page (which would be your
entire GWT app in the canonical case).

To do this right, it looks like you would need to make sure your GWT
app uses History and then you need to "Digg" the correct state with
the tokens and so on. You could use HTML as Reinier suggests, and make
sure to change the URL for the Digg button each time you have
different state:

<script type="text/javascript">
digg_url = 'WEBSITE_URL';
</script>
<script src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js"; type="text/
javascript"></script>

Looks like they also have a "submit your own" thing that you could
just make a GET request to to submit:
http://digg.com/submit?url=example.com&title=TITLE&bodytext=DESCRIPTION&media=MEDIA&topic=TOPIC.

(With that you could make your own buttons or links or whatever, and
then just make the digg request with proper params. You could use that
and make a Digg GWT Widget? Sorry I piped up though, I don't really
know much about Digg in particular, I was just trying to make
suggestions in the general GWT sense.)