Hi David and tomato,

We also didn't (and still don't) want to write HTML or CSS for our
application (it aims to be an internal application, not a public
website). Consider using Ext GWT, SmartGWT or GWT-Ext, I guess this is
what you're looking for. These libraries provide a set of widgets and
look and feels and let you define your own. They also allow you to
devlop in a Swing-style by using standard layouts (BorderLayout,
CenterLayout,...).

We choose Ext GWT because it is a full GWT library (others are
wrapping a JS library), it provides a simple MVC layer and has more
documentation.

Regards