Hi Mike,

As Adam mentioned, the new event system you discovered in trunk is indeed
for GWT 1.6, following the design details explained in the link he posted
above.

The new event system should solve some of the problems in the current Event
system (as detailed in the doc), including the use case you mentioned in
your first post. While the upcoming GWT 1.6 event system will be quite
different from the current model in a breaking way, the change should lead
to drastically improved performance and ease of development.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel