I am facing exactly the same problem as ArunDhaJ reported in

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/f6a17b3812e7efd/1a90aa9d56d46948?lnk=gst&q=%22bad+request%22#

I do the following:

1. Create a test GWT application:

applicationCreator.cmd -out Test test.client.Test

2. Run the application in hosted browser:

Test-shell.cmd

The hosted browser opens and I see the "HTTP 400 - Bad request" error
in it. And I see the following log records in the development shell:

[INFO] Starting HTTP on port 8888
[TRACE] Property 'catalina.base' not specified; checking for a
standard catalina base image instead
[WARN] Could not find com/google/gwt/dev/etc/tomcat/

Can anyone possibly help me to solve this problem?