some quick tips:
1. Hardware: U need to increase your CPU power over memory. Adding
gigs of ram is not going to help much. Instead use dual/quad
processors with higher configurations. Also use a faster HD and a
higher FSB(try to match with your RAM speed).
2. Compile for one browser using user-agent mentioned earlier.
3. Code design! This is the biggest area where you can speed things
up. Use lazy initialization in every possible class. There are many
threads that explain this concept. I will give you a quick example:

public class MyPopup extends DialogPanel{

  public DialogPanel(){
  private void initialized = false;
  private void init(){
   setWidget(createWidget());
  }
  @Override
  public void show(){
    if (!initialized){
      init();
      initialized = true;

With the current GWT toolkit #3 is your key to significantly reduce
the load time. It also makes your application design better.

Rakesh Wagh