I did not see a reply but here is what I did. Sinceyou have the store,
ask for the record at the row index and then the field name. For
instance, I have a store with fields named "property" and "value".
When I modify a value, I want the name of the "property" associated
with the value I changed. I  already get the row and column from the
listener, eg.,

        addEditorGridListener(new EditorGridListenerAdapter()
                {public void onAfterEdit(GridPanel grid, Record record,
                                String field, Object newValue, Object oldValue,
int
rowIndex, int colIndex)

I then ask the store for the record at row (say 4), and then ask for
the value of the field "property"

store.getAt(4).getAsString("property")

This returns to me the name of the value I changed. Hope this helps.