On Jan 4, 2:32 am, Reinier Zwitserloot <reini...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whatever possessed you to send the "application/x-www-form-
> urlencoded" as mime type?
> at all. Is file_get_contents("php://input"); really the only feasible
> way to get the entire body in PHP?

file_get_contents("php://input") is not the only way, but it is the
recommended way.

> Oh, PHP. Every single time someone posts a code snippet written in
> PHP, my aesthetic sense blows its brains out in sheer despair. And
> this one is up there, which is really saying something. I think its a
> conspiracy by the zend folks to make the inner child of developers
> worldwide die a little inside every time they come in contact with it.
> Sadistic bastards.

I'm using the same setup as Ian - GWT + JSON + PHP.  This is my first
contact with PHP.  After years of working on the bloated stack that is
JEE I've found PHP to be a breath of fresh air.  Sure, the aesthetics
are low, but the productivity is high.

Marty