@Jens
> Some days ago in IRC and proposed that GWT should do regular releases
from the CI server that do not have "-SNAPSHOT" in their names and have a
slightly different version number, e.g. <major for breaking
changes>.<timestamp>. These CI releases could probably also be done after
Google had tested the build against all their internal apps.

This proposal sounds like a good idea to me, it will probably work for my
projects.