> * Stick with 2.x and risk being left behind and the project becoming
> neglected due to split effort.

You are not behind when using 2.x:

GWT 2 = GWT 2.x Compiler + JsInterop + Elemental 1 + Elemental 2 when
released + all current GWT SDK code + all GWT libraries.
GWT 3 = J2CL + JsInterop + Elemental 2 + anything from GWT SDK and other
GWT libraries that is compatible with J2CL

So not such a difference right? In fact with GWT 3 you currently get less
than with GWT 2.x because you can not use all library code available.
However everything that works with GWT 3 should automatically also work
with GWT 2.

> FWIW Our team works on a single app that is meant to have a life of 10+
> years.

Same here, but I am not concerned at all about using GWT 2. However maybe I
get jealous if GWT 3 provides a lot faster developer workflow.

-- J.