I migrated a maven-gwt-plugin project to "Maven Plugin for GWT"
(https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/). To do this, I generated a
new project with the archetype provided. Upon simply running that
application, it worked fine.

Then I copied client files to the client, server to server, and shared to
shared. After getting everything sorted out and attempting to run the
codeserver, I get a bunch of:

[ERROR] Line 65: No source code is available for type com.some.package.
shared.AClass; did you forget to inherit a required module?

I ran the codeserver via *mvn gwt:codeserver -pl client -am* and I tried *mvn
gwt:codeserver -pl client,shared -am* to see if that would help.

These are my client shared dependencies (not changed from the default
project):

<dependency>
    <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
    <artifactId>phoenix-shared</artifactId>
    <version>${project.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
    <artifactId>phoenix-shared</artifactId>
    <version>${project.version}</version>
    <classifier>sources</classifier>
</dependency>

my client build section:

My client build section:

<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>net.ltgt.gwt.maven</groupId>
            <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
                <moduleName>com.ecrsoft.phoenix.client.Home</moduleName>
                <moduleShortName>Home</moduleShortName>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <version>2.3.2</version>
            <configuration>
                <source>1.7</source>
                <target>1.7</target>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

My i18n stuff is in my shared module, so I had to change the build for
shared a bit:

<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${gwtVersion}</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>i18n</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>

<i18nMessagesBundle>com.path.to.shared.i18n.PhxMessages</i18nMessagesBundle>

<i18nConstantsWithLookupBundle>com.path.to.shared.i18n.ValidationMessages</i18nConstantsWithLookupBundle>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <version>2.3.2</version>
            <configuration>
                <source>1.7</source>
                <target>1.7</target>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

And finally my module.gwt.xml:

<module>
    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />

    <set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag'
value='FALSE'/>

    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard' />
    <entry-point class='com.path.to.client.Home' />
    <source path='' />
</module>

and my Shared.gwt.xml:

<module rename-to='Shared'>
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />
<inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N"/>

<source path='' />
</module>