Using the maven gwt and appengine plugins, is it possible to compile GWT
2.8 in Java 8, and then app engine related files using Java 7?  I realize
the managed VMs support Java 8, but it would be nice to stick with the app
engine environment which currently only support Java 7?

I am wondering if there exists some maven configuration that would first
compile all the GWT files in Java 8, thereby converting them to javascript,
and then use java 7 for all the server files.