> Why is this the case ?

It relies on internal API and because of this it can not be compiled using
javac (ConsoleLogger calls Throwable.getBackingJsObject() which does not
exist in JRE so you can not javac the file). The super sourced code is
still present in com/google/gwt/emul/javaemul/internal.

> And any way how I can get work my way around this ?

I don't know what exactly you have done but if nothing helps, copy the code
and adjust it to your needs.

-- J.