Hi all

Thanks for your replies. Let me specify one more thing which might
help us in figuring out my problem. My application server is in US and
and I am accessing it from India. During a discussion with one of
colleague, this point came that there should be a minimum time that a
request will take for coming back from US based server. But we don't
know what this minimum time should be in best & average conditions.

Further, when I tried to ping google.com with command "ping google.com
-t", I got following result:

Pinging google.com [74.125.45.100] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 74.125.45.100:

It is showing 355ms average time but total time elapsed in starting
pinging and pausing for these 5 packets was 5 seconds. Then avg ping
time should be around 1 sec. Now again I got more confused why it is
showing 355ms.

When I tried to ping my server, it's avg time was 375 ms.

I also tested by returning a String value but same problem with it
also.

Regarding testing AJAX call using an example in core JS, I am sorry
but I don't know how to write this as I have worked only in GWT for
AJAX applications. It will be very helpful if one can provide such
example or help in writing this.

Please let me know if further I can provide some information which can
help in figuring out my problem.

Thanks and regards

Rick