Hi Danny,
That shouldn't be the case. Which browser were you testing on when this
occurred?

I ran the code snippet below and tested it out in hosted IE6, web mode
IE6/7/8, FF3 and Chrome, and in all cases the onMouseUp() method was called
and the dialog box was repositioned. Give it a try and let me know how it
looks for you.

public void onModuleLoad() {
  final DialogBox dialogBox = new DialogBox() {
    public void onMouseUp(Widget sender, int x, int y) {
      this.setPopupPosition(0, 0);
      super.onMouseUp(sender, x, y);
    }
  };
  dialogBox.setHTML("<b>Bonjour la police!</b>");
  RootPanel.get().add(dialogBox);
  dialogBox.center();
}

Hope that helps,