On 20 mar, 10:36, ytbryan <ytbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i wanted to be able to use the following class
>
> import java.net.HttpURLConnection;
> import java.net.MalformedURLException;
> import java.net.URL;
> import java.net.URLConnection;

com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder

> import org.cyberneko.html.parsers.DOMFragmentParser;
> import org.cyberneko.html.parsers.DOMParser;

com.google.gwt.dom.client.Document
com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element

Element div = Document.get().createElement("div");
div.setInnerHTML(someHtmlToParse);
div.getFirstChild(); // and other DOM accesses

> import org.apache.html.dom.HTMLDocumentImpl;
> import org.w3c.dom.Document;
> import org.w3c.dom.DocumentFragment;
> import org.w3c.dom.Node;
> import org.w3c.dom.html.HTMLDocument;

com.google.gwt.dom.client.*
--or--
com.google.gwt.xml.client.*

> i tried to find a substitute within the gwt permit class but to no
> avail.
>
> I was told that i can deploy it seperately from my gwt application and
> call it. But I am not sure how to.
>
> can someone advise me what to do ?

If you do want to "emulate" those Java classes rather than convert the
code to GWT classes, you can provide your own implementations (that
are translatable to JavaScript, i.e. that wrap GWT classes calls). You
have to include your classes source code (do *not* compile them to
*.class files) in a subfolder/package of your modules' base folder/
package and set this subfolder/package as a <super-source/> in your
module's *.gwt.xml.
Have a look at the com.google.gwt.emul.Emulation module in GWT, which
is the one that emulates the Java Runtime (i.e. the one providing the
GWT "translatable" implementations of classes listed in "JRE")