thanks thomas.

I wonder which method is better? thomas's or David's?

I don't quite get how to "emulate" the java class...

but if i simply put it at the server, it will slow down my system
greatly. eg. if i want to fetch the geocode from google geocode, the
data will go to my server and then transmitted to my client through
RPC.

is there a standard way of doing this? given that the classes needed
are outside the JRE Emulation provided by gwt.

/bryan