Your case is simple, just use the -noserver option to launch hosted
mode, and load your host page directly from your [test] php server.

The embedded tomcat server is really only useful for testing the
simplest of java back-end bits, and is not particularly useful for any
other back-end technology or even more complicated Java configurations.

-jason