On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Ian Petersen <ispet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Ian Bambury <ianbamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you *don't* release a product under a certain licence, then how can it be
>> possibly be a concern if the product doesn't comply to the licence it isn't
>> released under?
>
> I think you've just summarized the irrelevance of this whole thread.

I'm a little too sarcastic for my own good.  You could violate the GPL
(or any license) if you incorporated code from some other project into
GWT.  Suppose I released a project under the GPL and somebody took
some code from my project and got it incorporated into GWT.  GWT would
probably be unwittingly violating the GPL because it would be a
derivative work of my project and it's not being distributed under the
terms of the GPL.  I don't think that was the scenario originally
presented in this thread, though, and I don't think there's any reason
to believe that GWT contains "contraband" code.  Also, to contribute
to GWT, you first have to sign a document that says your contributions
are all "unencumbered" from a copyright perspective (and possibly a
patent perspective, too--I forget).

Ian