Hi jchimene,
Thanks for catching this. What you've discovered is essentially a bug. I
reproduced it on my end and can confirm that events will fire twice for
pretty much any class extending Composite because of the two onBrowserEvent
calls in the Composite class (one to super, the other from the wrapped
widget).

It looks like the rationale for making this change was discussed in Issue
#3211 (link below). While it seems to make sense, I think this case of
Composites wasn't considered, and so we're seeing double-fire events like
the one in your code snippet above.

Issue #3211:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3211

A potential workaround you can use in the case of the SuggestBox would be to
extend it and override the onBrowserEvent() method once more, this time
making a single call to onBrowserEvent from the wrapped widget.

E.g.:

public class MySuggestBox extends SuggestBox {
  @Override
  public void onBrowserEvent(Event event) {
    getWidget().onBrowserEvent(event);

Give that a try and let us know how it goes. Meanwhile, I'll file an issue
on the tracker for this bug and let you know once it's reported so you can
follow up on it.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel