Profiling in hosted mode is kind of a waste of time since there's a lot of
expensive stuff that happens that's hosted-mode specific.  You have to be
really careful & fully understand how GWT works in hosted mode to be able to
glean any kind of meaning.  And even then, it's meaningless because the
browser will likely have a very different profile for all but pure data
processing code (creating a Label in hosted mode is very different than what
happens when you compile the code).

http://getfirebug.com/js.html.  However, you should compile in DETAILED mode
so that the JS makes even a little sense - even then you might find it hard
to understand what the profiler is telling you.