I've experienced a similar issue on IE (Firefox was fine) when trying
to run a custom animation. More specifically, I got the same
InvalidArgument javascript error. I haven't tried to pin down the
exact specific problem as I don't have an IE javascript debugger but
I'm pretty sure the cause is the buggy javascript interpreter from IE.
If you want to look at a resizable columns example in FlexGrid, try
looking at the one from the incubator, we use it in our projects and
it works pretty well.

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/com/google/gwt/widgetideas/table/client

You should note that the stack trace from your exception points at one
of your classes and you might be able to see what's wrong if you debug
your application and put a breakpoint at that location :
(com.ibsplc.client.ui.table.EasyFlexTableResizable.setColumnWidth
(EasyFlexTableResizable.java:43) ) <- That tells you where the
exception is thrown

Cheers,

Salvador