Hello,

I actually rather like the GWT RPC API and was hoping to use it for
more than client/server communication - in fact, I want to use it for
server/server communication. Here is some example servlet code:

   http://gist.github.com/100232

The callService() method would be designed to hit a different server,
of course.

Has anyone else used GWT RPC in this way? Will it even work? (I can't
test this code right now because the Google App Engine plugin on the
Mac doesn't seem to run hosted mode correctly).

BTW the attributes of GWT RPC that I like is the JSON transport, and
the asynchronous API. I also like the idea of dealing with
communications in a more homogeneous way.