While I am not new to GWT, I am a bit new to the WAR file concept.  Up
to now, I was content to roll my own when deploying my WEB
application.  I use Tomcat to serve both static and dynamic web page
content under a directory/file configuration at my web hosting service
something like:

webapps
   ROOT
       GWT/
       GWT cashe files
       my .nocache.js file
       index.html   (my home page)
       index.css (my css file)
       other public files
   servlet
       WEB-INF
          classes  (my servlets)
          lib (external .jar files needed by my servlets)

My web hosting service currently points http:/my-domain-name.com/  to
Tomcat's .../webapps/ROOT.  I  could roll my own and merge ROOT/ with
servlet/.  But, can I use GWT's WAR concept to do this for me?  I can
see how to do this with WAR, but the WAR's module name gives me
another level that I do not need.  If I name my GWT module ROOT, would
this work, or does someone have a better idea.

Thanks,

Danny