Well, you can still use maven to do the mirroring of source folders to
output folders, but you'll have to do it manually (I don't know if
m2eclipse is compatible with eclipse 3.5). In any case, if it's really
important to you to keep the maven structure for your project, there
are workarounds out there, you're not by any means stuck with the
recommended GWT project structure.

Cheers,

Salvador