Hi Mike,
A possible solution would be to subclass the PagingOptionsImages image
bundle interface and place your own images named the same as the
PagingOptionsImages methods in your subclass package. This should replace
the standard paging table images with your own (which I think in your case
would be blank images).

Alternatively, you could override the methods in the PagingOptionsImages in
your subclass and @gwt.resource annotations pointing to images with names of
your choice.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel