settings are below

-Dhttp.proxyHost=myProxy.mydomain

-Dhttps.proxyHost=myProxy.mydomain

with these setting  it just can't reach appengine.google.com

in the second case when I add

-Dhttp.proxyUser=me

-Dhttps.proxyHost=me_crypted

it returns an 407 exceptionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

this is really blocking

, also I want to mention that the eclipse plugin contains a kind of
proxy.jar ( containing an implementation for proxy ) may be the
default appcfg misses this helper