Let's split this issue into two.  First, you want to be able to configure
the proxy settings.  I'll have one of our guys who knows the proxy issues
pretty well follow up on this thread.
Second, the compile button is not working?  Could you provide more details
as to how it fails?  Is there a stack trace?

--
Miguel