I forgot to mention, your life will be much easier if you use Eclipse
Ganymede from eclipse.org, not the repositories.  Maybe it's changed
since I made the switch, but the last time I got Eclipse out of the
repo, I got some VERY odd stack traces that amounted to only one
logical answer: Get it from the source!

...Most everything you get in the repos will work {that's why it's
there}, but when it comes to proprietary software or bleeding-edge
stuff, there is no version in the default repos because only stable,
well tested stuff is allowed in there.   For example, VirtualBox...
The OSE {Open Source Edition} kind of works, but...  it doesn't.  Go
get that directly from Sun too.  In fact, all of Sun's Open-Source-
Editions have fatal little flaws in them, but then again, so do I.
hahaha.

ANYTHING you need to install, just type the following into google and
press enter:

site:ubuntuforums.org install virtualbox

DON'T GO BACK TO WINDOWS!  EVER!  ...please?