thanks Salvador... what i trying to do is a query to postgres db in
wich one of the parameters it's a date.
And if i send the textual date of Date variable the query fails...
because postgres can't compare the two dates. I solved my problem in
query doing something like

"from Empleadosgrupos e where idgrupo =? and idempleado =? and desde
=to_date('"+fechadesde+"', 'DD/mm/YYYY')")

I'm using hibernate and spring

but it's a bad solution for me.. don't know
I'd like just to send the date as it is... a Date value with dd/mm/
yyyy ... in fact postgres has yyyy/mm/dd format but this difference
seems doesn't mather for postgres

I really appreciate your help!