1. go to http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ to download the latest
version of Eclipse. I recommend "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers".
2. follow http://code.google.com/eclipse/docs/getting_started.html to
install Google Eclipse Plugin.
3. Use Google Eclipse Plugin to create a simple application with RPC,
which just take you less than 10 minutes.
4. Or You can download the GWT mail from http://www.gwtorm.com/gwtMail.jsp.
It is a RPC-database application modified from the distributed Google
Mail Application.

Jim
http://code.google.com/p/dreamsource-orm/ for GWT ORM.