I'm using Eclipse with the Google GAE/GWT plugin to build a combined
GAE/GWT project.  I've noticed that Eclipse builds all my classes and
places them in the war/WEB-INF/classes directory even if they are just
GWT client code that also gets crossed compiled to javascript.

Is this necessary for debugging/development?

I'm assuming that these GWT client classes aren't used once the
project is deployed to GAE because the client is running the
javascript versions.

If this is true, Is the GAE Deploy Project plugin smart enough to NOT
push unneeded classes up to App Engine?