On 24 juin, 17:00, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Clanusse,
>
> You are right - the only class files that are needed are those that are used
> by RPC, which are:
>
> -your sync interface
> -any types that can be passed across the wire over RPC
> -your server-side classes (including the implementation of your sync
> interface)
>
> Unfortunately, the plugin's deployment mechanism is not smart enough to know
> which types are purely client and purely server. To do this, the plugin
> would have to interpret GWT's module information, which it does not do right
> now. This is a feature that will be available in a future version of the
> plugin, and at that time, we should be able to "smarten up" the deployment
> mechanism so that it excludes GWT client classes from war/WEB-INF/classes.

Er... and if you happen to have a "shared" subpackage that contains
shared client+server classes?!

I guess the plugin would rather have to interpret the non-client
classes and bring in any dependency found in the GWT client packages
(this would include the RPC "sync" interfaces for instance and "any
types that can be passed across the wire over RPC").
Much more difficult than "interpret[ing] GWT's module information"...