It turns out that's exactly the world we live in, Ian!

On Firefox 3, you can keep JavaScript from resizing your window with:
Preferences > Content > Enable JavaScript > Advanced > "Allow scripts
to Move or resize existing windows".

But if you want your site to resize the window from a GWT application,
you can use JSNI and call: $wnd.resizeTo(width, height).

--
Alex Rudnick
swe, gwt, atl