On Jul 5, 6:16 pm, martinhansen <martin.hanse...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> I've read your source code and your example. It is very interesting.
> But although it's short and simple, I still don't understand it.
> Especially "GIN" and "GUICE" confuses me a lot. Can I use your example
> without these technologies?

You can use the classes directly, but if you can figure out Guice, it
will save you a fair bit of work in the long run. There is a bit of a
learning curve though. The main things you will need to configure if
you want to do it manually:

Server side:

Provide an instance of 'ActionHandlerRegistry' and 'Dispatch' (you can
use 'DefaultDispatch' for a simple implementation) as a singleton:

public class MyManager {
private static final ActionHandlerRegistry REGISTRY;
private static final Dispatch DISPATCH;

public static Dispatch getDispatch() {
    if ( DISPATCH == null ) {
        REGISTRY = new DefaultActionHandlerRegistry();
        DISPATCH = new DefaultDispatch();
        REGISTRY.addHandler( new MyCustomHandler() );
        REGISTRY.addHandler( new MyOtherHandler() );
    }
    return DISPATCH;

You will also need a subclass of 'DispatchServiceServlet'. Eg:

public class MyDispatchServiceServlet extends DispatchServiceServlet {
    public MyDispatchServiceServlet() {
        super( MyManager.getDispatch() );

Then hook that up in the appropriate place for your GWT connection.

On the server side, you just need an instance of 'DispatchAsync'.
Again, 'DefaultDispatchAsync' should do the trick. Eg:

private final static DispatchAsync DISPATCH = new DefaultDispatchAsync
();

Provide an accessor for that to your other classes and off you go.

David