Hi Nathan,

On Jul 7, 7:24 am, Nathan Wells <nwwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is mostly directed at David, but if anyone has answers,
> I'd welcome them.
>
> In your command pattern implementation or somewhere on this thread
> (can't remember where I saw it) you mention that GWT doesn't properly
> implement parameterized method calls on the RPC service. Is that true,
> or did I misunderstand something? I think you also mentioned that that
> is in fact desirable, since you would want one service per procedure
> call. Can you explain that a little more? I'm not sure I understood.

Essentially, I couldn't get the GWT compiler to work with a service
with the following definition:

public interface DispatchService extends RemoteService {
    <A extends Action<R>, R extends Result> R execute( A action )
throws Exception;
}

It was complaining about generic method matching, which I am guessing
means that whatever magic is going on with generators for
RemoteServices doesn't correctly handle having the '<A extends
Action<R>, R extends Result>' parameter generic definition. It works
fine if I just make it:

Result extends ( Action<?> action ) throws Exception;

But I lose the handy type-casting from this one.

Anyway, the workaround I have works ok, it's just a little less
direct. No big deal...

> Oh, and I updated my annotation to take a Class<?> rather than a
> String literal, thanks for the tip.

Ah, ok. Glad it's working :)

David