What I know in GWT serialization is that only classes that are
mentionned (params, return type) in RPC methods are included in GWT
serialization policy white-list.

I need to serialize org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException, which is
thrown, in server-side, when a concurrency access problem happens.

I added a fake implementation to the source code of my module to
emulate the real one (org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException).

To make it serializable I'm obliged to add the clause " throws
StaleObjectStateException " to methods (in service layer) which are
susceptible to throw it at runtime.

example:

   Customer update(Customer client) throws StaleObjectStateException;

My question is the following, is there another way to make "
StaleObjectStateException " without polluting service layer with those
" throws StaleObjectStateException " ?

p.s. : I'm using GWT-SL (GileadRPCServiceExporter) in server side.