a) start your FF with -P and create different profiles, then start it
with -P --no-remote and pick a profile - profiles don't share session
cookies. (PITA, only FF)

b) use virtualization and run one FF and one IE8 in each instance
(requires RAM)

c) bake your own session cookies - when your app starts, pull the
cookie inside javascript, then use the cookie from there when
communicating with the server. When you open another browser window
and log out/in, the cookie changes, but your app in previous window
will use the javascript one. (Dirty)

d) log out / log in always to test different sessions (PITA)

e) perhaps there are some browser extensions for IE and FF that can
handle session cookie dynamic alternation (Weird)

My app uses c), but I don't rely on it, I use d) when developing for
one user role, then for heavier multi-role testing I use b).

J.