After comparing your pom.xml with the pom in one of my working
projects, I found some differences; the following is what I have that
you don't:

1)In the maven-war-plugin section (notice the missing “/” before war):

        <configuration>
                <warSourceDirectory>war</warSourceDirectory>
        </configuration>

2) gwt-maven-plugin section:

        <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
                <configuration>
                        <runTarget>/</runTarget>
                        <module>com.foo.YourGwtModuleNameHere</module>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                        <execution>
                                <goals>
                                        <goal>compile</goal>
                                </goals>
                        </execution>
                </executions>
        </plugin>

3)  maven-eclipse-plugin (to keep your eclipse configuration after
adding more dependencies in Maven):

                        <plugin>
                                <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>2.7</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>

<downloadJavadocs>false</downloadJavadocs>

<useProjectReferences>false</useProjectReferences>

                                        <additionalBuildcommands>

<buildcommand>com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.gwtProjectValidator</
buildcommand>

<buildcommand>com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.webAppProjectValidator</
buildcommand>
                                        </additionalBuildcommands>

                                        <additionalProjectnatures>

<projectnature>com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.gwtNature</
projectnature>

<projectnature>com.google.gdt.eclipse.core.webAppNature</
projectnature>
                                        </additionalProjectnatures>

                                        <classpathContainers>

<classpathContainer>com.google.gwt.eclipse.core.GWT_CONTAINER/
GWT</classpathContainer>

<classpathContainer>org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER</
classpathContainer>
                                        </classpathContainers>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>

I'd recommend you to take out the “<goal>test</goal>” from the maven-
gwt-plugin, unless you need to run GWTTestCase extensions.

Hope it helps.