Hi Ankur,
Please see replies inlined below.

We have found some leaks in our application.One of the greatest leak
> that we found in the glasspanel.So for now we are using just a static
> glasspanel(From gwt incubator ) and only adding and removing from the
> rootpanel.....so for now the problem has been partially fixed at its
> leaking only on window close.Still we need to figure out why
> glasspanel is leaking.....may be we could found a leak pattern.

If you can produce a repro code snippet that shows the memory leak with the
GlassPanel widget, please report it on the GWT Incubator Issue Tracker.

GWT Incubator Issue Tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/issues/list

> Another possible leak are may be that gwt always creates  a new
> XMLHTTPRequest object,I tried with a sample appliction both on firefox
> and ie....i was just sending a byte array of size 10000 from client to
> server and vice versa.In IE memory kept on increasing while in firefox
> it was constant.In that sample i tried to reuse the  XHR object,the
> memory seems to be stable in IE after that.But reusing of XHR seems to
> breaking somewhere as that logic cripped when tried with our main
> application(may be because in sample there was onl one RPC so it would
> hav worked).

It seems like you're using GWT RPC, and if so, it also seems like you made
some changes to make each RPC call reuse a single XMLHttpRequest object. I'm
not sure if GWT RPC does this already by default, but if not, it would
definitely be useful to have a repro code snippet here as well to help
reproduce the problem here. Also, can I have more information about the
types that you're transferring over GWT RPC? Specifically, what do the DTOs
that you're sending across the wire contain? I've seen some cases where IE
would blow up when sending overly complex DTOs through the wire (deep maps
or map values referring the DTO object itself).

> Actully there is some problem with the logic how the gwt guys are
> clearing the objects in the threadlocal of the JavaDispatchImpl and in
> the objects collection of the ObjectTable.java class. I saw the code
> they have the logic to clear the objects when they get a free message
> from the browser they free up the object from the collection of the
> Object table class.We saw the free request is comming for many objects
> but it never comback for the callback objects so they are always in
> the browser memory.This can be easily seen using jprofiler to profile
> the starter application while debugging. May be this problem is only
> at debug time....I am thinking to raise it.But OOPHM is not yet
> released, so i am not sure if i can raise that issue.

I've forwarded this over to John on the GWT team to take an early look in
case this is a real issue.

Cheers,
-Sumit Chandel