Rajeev Dayal says: ... the next release of GWT will no longer require
that you use a
32-bit JVM. It will support a mode of execution known as
"Out-of-process-hosted-mode". Instead of debugging your application
using
the hosted browser, you'll be able to debug it while it runs in a real
browser. Since the hosted browser will no longer be required, neither
will
the 32-bit SWT libraries that we bundle. If you're adventurous, you
can try
out this functionality right now - check out the GWT source, and do a
trunk
build. It should work with the plugin.

Good luck!