I just added google-gin to my project.  I set it up and configured it
properly, and I've been running hosted mode all day, and it has been
doing DI just fine -- as expected.

However, now when I try to compile, I get this stack trace:

 Refreshing TypeOracle
[INFO]          Processing types in compilation unit: file:/C:/SVN/da-
gwt-webapp/src/main/java/com/example/client/presenter/gin/
LoginGinjector.java
[INFO]             Found type 'LoginGinjector'
[INFO]                Resolving annotation '@GinModules
(com.example.client.presenter.gin.UserModule.class)'
[INFO]                   [ERROR]
[INFO] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.example.client.presenter.gin.UserModule

which stems from this:

[INFO] [ERROR] Unexpected
[INFO] java.lang.NullPointerException
[INFO]  at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.getAnnotationElementValue
(TypeOracleMediator.java:704)
[INFO]  at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.createAnnotationInstance
(TypeOracleMediator.java:442)

I am using GWT 1.7.0.  A google search showed several others have
similar issues when annotations are added to their project.

I'm using maven to build (codehaus plugin), and it has the correct
classpath:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -classpath

"C:\SVN\da-gwt-webapp\war\WEB-INF\classes";
"C:\Docume~1\dford\.m2\repository\com\google\gwt\inject\gin\1.0-
SNAPSHOT\gin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"

[other stuff deleted]

gin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar I built today from SVN revision 109 of google-
gin.  The annotation class for @GinModules does exist in the jar at
com.google.gwt.inject.client.GinModules

I'm at a loss for why this is failing.  Can someone help?

Thanks!

Davis