Hi,

I have an existing app built with GWT 1.5 which uses RPC to talk to a
backend running on Tomcat;  the backend makes extensive use of
ActiveMQ, and is multi-threaded.

I have been given a related New Front End (gui only; no backend or
communication yet) which was developed by another engineer using the
Google Eclipse Plugin on Galilio.

The goal is to develop an app which uses the New Front End talking to
a (modification of) the old backend on a Tomcat running on a
datacenter, with the New Front End running on the Google cloud. As I
understand things, this is possible.

My immediate question concerns the development path.  Is is possible
to configure the Goggle Eclipse plugin (say on Galilio) to use an
external Tomcat, so that I could do the new development using the
latest GWT facilities of the plugin?  (My old Eclipse/GWT 1.5 setup is
somewhat more awkward to use.)

I set up a Dynamic Web Project which runs my local machine Tomcat 6
via a Servers launch config, which works, but that isn't a GWT
project.  Then I imported the  New Front End project into the
workspace next to (containing) the Dynamic Web Project.  But I don't
see how to get the New Front End project to deploy to the Tomcat
server from within Eclipse+Plugin.  If I manually copy the war folder
for the New Front End to my Tomcat 6 webapps folder, it runs
properly.  If I have to, I can set up an ant task for that, but it
would be nice to get the plugin to handle that.  Can it be done?

Many thanks,
Ken Bowen